The two-year Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MPS) program offered by CNU is designed to provide fundamental knowledge and skills in the pharmaceutical sciences field to enable students to pursue careers in academia, the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory affairs, and government positions upon graduation.
MPS at CNU: Strengths & Unique Features
- Two track options: 1) a thesis-based track, and 2). a capstone track
- Foundationalcore courses are complemented by a broad spectrum of well-designed electives.
- Multiple teaching pedagogical formats maximize learning and subject retention.
- Small class sizes suitable for individualized education and research skills.
- Close proximity and ties to the Colleges of Pharmacy and Medicine, with course paths to prepare students seeking entry into pharmacy or medical school.
- Established collaborations with regional clinical centers, and pharmaceutical industries, providing an array of cooperative educational opportunities.
- Located in Elk Grove, California, the second largest city in the Greater Sacramento Metropolitan Area. Northern California is the hub for many biopharmaceutical companies.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
PLO 1: Foundational Knowledge in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and ethics that are required of scientists and scientific advocates.
PLO 2: Research Instrumentation and Laboratory Techniques of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Utilize research instrumentation and basic laboratory techniques in pharmaceutical sciences.
PLO 3: Critical thinking skills
Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop, test, and produce pharmaceutical products.
PLO 4: Communication skills
Demonstrate written and oral communication skills needed for a career in pharmaceutical sciences.
PLO 5: Scientific and technique development
Promote scientific and technique development in pharmaceutical sciences.